janet ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to exclude a part of the day from my day calculations (this
> seems to be the only way to remove a unidentifiable robot that went
> through during the time to be excluded).

If it's unidentifiable, what makes you think it's a robot? Does it's IP address
not identify it?

> I want to exclude from 11:45 to 11:51.
>
> The FROM and TO parameters appear only to allow me to exclude *before*
> 11:45 and *after* 11:51, whereas I want to exclude *after* 11:45 and
> *before* 11:51.
>
> Please would you advise?

You can only have one set of TO/FROM, and the FROM time has to be before the TO
time.

If it was for more than a 6 minute window, you could try createing cache files
for the 2 periods and combining them, but it seems that simply editing out the
6 minutes would be the simplest way to do what you're trying to do.

Personally, I'd take a much closer look at the data in that 6 minute window.
Turn on the Host report (HOST ON), and see if there's a single IP address
generating the anomalous data. Then look for that address in the whole log
(HOST INCLUDE w.x.y.z) and see if it only occurs in your 6 minute window. If it
does, then exclude it (HOSTEXCLUDE w.x.y.z)

Aengus