Nick Altmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've reviewed the archives (and found plenty of "64 bit"
>> discussion), but have not been able to find a binary compiled for 64
>> bit Windows.
>>
>> Has anyone made a "analog_60w64.zip" available for download?
>>
>> Compiling from source (on Windows) is currently outside my skill
>> set, but the 2GB memory limit of 32 bit is becoming increasingly
>> bothersome.

The Windows binary is compiled using MinGW
(http://lists.meer.net/pipermail/analog-help/2007-January/020117.html) and at
the moment, MinGW is only available for Win32. There is a WinGW-64 project
underway, but as far as I can tell, it's not simply a matter of recompiling
existing applications under MinGW-64:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/

At this point, it looks like the only tools avilable for compiling Win64
binaries are the Microsoft tools. If there are any full-time students reading
this list, you may be able to get free access to Microsoft Visual Studio Pro
(https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/) which can compile 64 bit apps - the
Express version that's free for the rest of us
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspx) won't do 64-bit, as far
as I know.

(And I don't know whether there are any issues compiling Analog in Visual
Studio - I haven't tried it).

Aengus