On 7/7/2008 7:19 AM, Arnab Ganguly wrote:
Hi All,
I am using Analog for the first time.In my Apache I have tailor made the log in the following format

*LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" \"Transaction time in Sec= %T\" \"Bytes received = %I\" %>s %b" common

*My requirement is Analog should be able to understand the above format.
I tried out the following in the analog.cfg file,

APACHELOGFORMAT (%h %l %u %t \"%r\" \"Transaction time in Sec= %T\" \"Bytes received = %I\" %>s %b)
LOGFILE /data/servers/testgm1/logs/access_log
OUTFILE /data/servers/testgm1/pages/output.html
HOSTNAME "10.146.163.301"
HOSTNAME "http://10.146.163.301";

but the output.html file generated is not proper.Any help would be very much appreciated.

Can you post 2 or 3 lines from your logfile? Analogs debug output usually makes it possible to figure out any discrepancies in the log format.

Also one more question, is it possible for Analog to monitor logs other than Apache?

Analog can be configured to read log files from most web servers (Analog predates Apache). It's sometimes possible to use it to parse log files that aren't web server logs, but that depends on the format of the logfiles, and the type of information you're actually interested in.

Aengus