That's a very good idea :-)

Many thanks Aengus

-----Original Message-----
From: analog-help-boun...@lists.meer.net
[mailto:analog-help-boun...@lists.meer.net] On Behalf Of Aengus
Sent: 21 February 2009 18:45
To: Support for analog web log analyzer
Subject: Re: [analog-help] Problem with page counts

On 2/21/2009 1:27 PM, Iain Hunneybell wrote:

> As for page counts, my best rationalisation is that the high overnight
> count is spiders and so analog is correctly showing page requests that
> aren't being recorded by the page view 'bug'. Then over day proxies
> are causing the page bug to record higher page views than seen by the
> servers. It's the best rationalisation I've come up with so far!

You should be able to test that by using FROM and TO  and doing a log
analysis for an hour in the middle of the night, and looking at the Full
Browser report. Most well behaved spiders identify themselves.

You can also do a Full Browser report on requests for /robots.txt and then
use that to create a list of BROWEXCLUDE commands so that you can see if the
human-driven traffic patterns make more sense.

Aengus