Hi Strainu

>> that’s correct: we do have aggregate entry/exit reports based on panel data
>> from comScore for all Wikimedia properties ,
>
> What does that mean, exactly?
>
> Strainu

we obtain from comScore on a monthly basis aggregate data on the % of entries
by referrer domain (e.g. YouTube -> Wikimedia Sites) and exits by target domain
(e.g. Wikimedia Sites -> BBC).

“Panel data” means that this is based on a large pool of users who signed up
with comScore to provide browsing statistics and demographic data. This data is
then used by comScore to generate controlled estimates of traffic. The
alternative to “panel data” is what comScore calls “unified reports”, i.e. an
approach that requires enabling beacons or 3rd party trackers on a website:
Wikimedia sites don’t do this and therefore we don’t have access to this data.

Dario