From: analytics-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:analytics-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Toby Negrin
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 19:16
To: A mailing list for the Analytics Team at WMF and everybody who has an
interest in Wikipedia and analytics.
Subject: Re: [Analytics] Making EventLogging output to a log file instead of
the DB

Right -- couldn't we just tag the URL?

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Erik Zachte <ezac...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

Just to clarify, this is about prefetched images which have not been shown to
the public.

They were sent to the browser ahead of a possible request to speed things up
but in many cases never actually requested.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Media_file_request_counts#Prefetched_images

- Erik