> Right -- couldn't we just tag the URL?

The event of the user actually viewing the image is completely disconnected
from the URL hit in Media Viewer, which is why we need EL and can't rely on
existing server logs.

> Eventlogging data currently does go to files, as well as to the DB.

Great, then I guess it's a matter of only making the data go to files and
not to DB for the particular schema we'll create. Does that sound like
something feasible? How much work would be required to set it up?