Lotsa questions!

1. The number is EventLogging sourced and thus sampled (I'll update
the documentation to make this clear)
2. The search session generation is computed by the EventLogging
schemas which I played no role in writing and which are currently run
by, ahh...3 different teams. We're going to dig into the methodology
and unify them now that we've got the framework for representing the
results built.

On 22 May 2015 at 21:02, Leila Zia <le...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Luis Villa <lvi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> 68,000 searches/day seems *really* low,
>

> right, but I'm not sure search sessions per day is the same as the number of
> searches per day.
> Oliver, what definition of a "search session" do you use? How do you compute
> it?
>
> Leila
>

>> Luis
>>
>> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Michael Holloway
>> <mhollo...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Awesome.
>>> -m.

>> --
>> Luis Villa
>> Sr. Director of Community Engagement
>> Wikimedia Foundation
>> Working towards a world in which every single human being can freely share
>> in the sum of all knowledge.

Oliver Keyes
Research Analyst
Wikimedia Foundation