hi, All

I am a new beginner who want to join the Android's app developments,
but i am not very clear about the open source policy involved in
Android development. I know that the Android SDK is open source, but i
am confused about why there is also existing a android "App Market"
which can provide developers a chance to charge payments from users.

Does it mean that the Android "App product sharing" is just only share
binary code but not the source code? So if i want to do some
development by leveraging other developer's code sharing in their
Apps, where can i search it and how can i download the source code of
them, such as the apps in the page below:
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2008/11/behind-apps-amazon-and-imeem.html#links

Thanks and Best Regards,
Shawn