On Sunday 11 January 2009 11:30:52 am mblove wrote:
> Does it mean that the Android "App product sharing" is just only share
> binary code but not the source code? So if i want to do some
> development by leveraging other developer's code sharing in their
> Apps, where can i search it and how can i download the source code of
> them, such as the apps in the page below:
> http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2008/11/behind-apps-amazon-and

Yes. While the Android SDK and core Android components are open-source,
applications need not be open-source. It's up to the discretion of the
developer.

There are many mature open-source Android applications that you can find with a
quick Google search. Two off the top of my head: K9 Mail (fork of Google's
e-mail client) and ConnectBox (SSH client).

--
Samat Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x1A1993D3
Partner, Chief Technology Officer | Rhombic Networks, LLC

Problems that go away by themselves, come back by themselves.
-- Anonymous (45)