I have this same issue; is it possible for Eclipse to rebuild the
setting files? Maybe this is related to the SDK archive unzipping
incorrectly on Windows?
http://groups.google.com/group/android-beginners/msg/7dd027fb07e19861
(I've used explorer's built in zip tool and 7zip to unarchive the
notecard tutorial files) For what it's worth "Mac OS X" is one of the
uncorrupted phrases left in the settings files.

-nivardus