xinit wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am starting Android and am using SDK 1.5 r2 and hope someone can
> suggest to me where problem could lie.
>
> The following code does two simple things, Create URL object and then
> return InputStream by using openStream().
>
> When I call openStream() I get a io.FileNotFoundException.
>
> Here is sample code:
>
> try {
>               URL feed = new URL("http://news.google.co.uk/news?
> pz=1&ned=uk&hl=en&output=rss");
>

>                       try {
>
>                               InputStream is = feed.openStream();
>

>                       } catch (IOException e) {
>                               // TODO Auto-generated catch block
>                               Log.d("LOG", e.toString());
>                       }
>
> My manifest contains the Internet permission:
>
>  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
>

> The problem is as though the DNS cant resolve the domain ?
>
> Any ideas ??

Have you tried putting that URL in the Browser app? I know it will not
display properly, but it will indicate whether your emulator/device can
access that specific domain given the nature of your Internet connection.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Need help for your Android OSS project? http://wiki.andmob.org/hado