Hi Mark,

Thanks for respose !

I run some tests and its a bit more confusing:

1) If I set the URL to another site for example "http://
newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/uk/rss.xml" then it works.
So I think the setup of my Emulator and network is good.

2)So I put the Google News RSS URL directly into the emulator's
browser. The page resolves but is incorrect, its the standard news
html page But it is not the RSS raw text file that I would see on IE
on my pc browser. So I think the google server is doing something to
the request.

3)So navigating on the Emulators browser i select the RSS feed option
which displays the raw rss text file in the browser. I copy that URL
into my application and rerun application and I get the same error.

So I guess this is an issue with the way Google have setup there
server ?

Regards