Hybris wrote:
> On 17 Lug, 12:36, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
>
>> If you do not like that option, you may wish to use a <selector>
>> drawable XML file instead of a plain color, so you can specify different
>> values for normal versus selected.
>
> this is the solution i'm exploring now after reading some past
> messages but i cannot find a clear example on how to write the
> selector and how to use it.
> do you have any example about that?

Not specifically for a list row background color. However, here is a
sample <selector> from the Android source code for EditText:

<selector xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
    <item android:state_focused="true"
android:drawable="@drawable/editbox_background_focus_yellow" />
    <item android:drawable="@drawable/editbox_background_normal" />
</selector>

I would guess there is an android:state_selected="true" you could use to
specify the drawable for the selected state.

Save this file in res/drawable as yournamehere.xml and then reference it
like any other drawable (e.g., R.drawable.yournamehere). Substitute in
something appropriate for yournamehere, of course...

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 1.0 Available!