> I would guess there is an android:state_selected="true" you could use to
> specify the drawable for the selected state.

i cloned the default list selector from the android repo (i also
copied all the necessary png in my project since i otherwise i get an
error that they are not public resources).
i then removed any setBackground and so on

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<selector xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
        <item android:state_window_focused="false" android:drawable="@color/
listafilmbg" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false"
                android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/
list_selector_background_disabled" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false"
                android:drawable="@drawable/list_selector_background_disabled"
/>
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_pressed="true"

android:drawable="@drawable/list_selector_background_transition" />
        <item android:state_focused="false" android:state_pressed="true"

android:drawable="@drawable/list_selector_background_transition" />
        <item android:state_focused="true"
                android:drawable="@drawable/list_selector_background_focus"/>
</selector>

i tought that the first item line would do the trick but it seems it
is never considered what it's in there
i even tried to put there "@drawable/
list_selector_background_focus" (the orange box) but no way.
The result is a very dark background for items not selected and the
orange box for the selected one.

but even if i get this working then i'll have the problem of having
the elements listed with alternated color because this selector is for
the whole list and i do not see a way to change it's behaviour based
on the position of the item.