Thanks for the prompt reply but the complexity of defining
ContextMenus and setting up the GetViews associated with the
ExpandableList within a Custom Dialog are currently beyond me.

However I have got
    Intent i = new Intent(GetFlagSet.this, PaymentList.class);
    startActivityForResult(i, 0);

working so I can put back the time when I need to crack creating a
more complex Custom Dialog.

Many thanks Steve