On Sep 16, 1:31 pm, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> I have seen no evidence that HTC makes firmware upgrades available
> directly. They always handle that through whoever distributed the device
> (e.g., T-Mobile for the T-Mobile myTouch3G version of the Magic). So, if
> you got your device from your carrier, I would expect the carrier will
> say when and how to upgrade it, assuming they support such an upgrade.

Erm.. Normally you definitely know what you're talking about, but in
this case, I'll have to say you really don't. Sorry. :)

HTC released an update to the Hero firmware less than a week ago. It's
not the 1.6 release, obviously, but it -does- goes to show that they -
do- make upgrades, instead of relying on the carriers to do that.
Proof would be here..

Europe: http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=671&news_id=254
Nordic: http://www.htc.com/dk/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=671&news_id=254

>From what I can see there's no such upgrade for the Hero in the US...
I dunno, maybe the carriers have made different rules for their
phones? After all, they -did- give the HTC Hero a silly name. ;)

Btw, love your books! ^^

- Tristan Bendixen