It has to do with how scripted oop languages are implemented..in tis
case Python is implemented via C.

Most mobile app languages base don C have higher learning curves and
break easier..such as Symbian C, and Apple's own Objective C for
iPhone..

While the learning curve to python might be lower keeping it somehow
working on mobile its a very daunting task

Java was originally designed for small devices..