I found a solution to the 'emulator stops at animated logo' problem.

I have a Ubuntu 9.04 machine, I had installed the JDK using the Debian
package from the Ubuntu repositories:

i   sun-java6-jdk                   - Sun Java(TM) Development Kit
(JDK) 6

I just tried downloading the JDK from www.java.com and set my path to
the directory where I installed it.  Started the emulator and in a few
minutes I had the emulator home page showing.  It runs painfully
slowly, but it runs.

On Nov 20, 8:04 pm, teichholtz <teichho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There now seem to be many of us who are experiencing this behaviour. I
> have an emulator running now which has been running for over 24 hours
> and still has not displayed the home page.
>
> I have a gut feeling that it is a video card issue, although I have
> only two data points so far:
>
> 1. Dell laptop circa 2002 running Ubuntu 9.04.  Emulator gets as far
> as animated logo.
> 2. Generic desktop, P4 machine running Ubuntu 9.04. Emulator boots up
> in under 2 minutes.
>
> -David
>
> On Nov 20, 12:46 pm, Justin Anderson <janderson....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The emulator takes extremely long to load.  If you have a phone, you would
> > notice that the second android image that you reference is the initial boot
> > up screen for the phone.  Just wait longer.  Depending on your machine
> > speed, os, etc... I have heard the emulator startup time can take any where
> > from a few minutes to hours.  On my machine it takes about 2 minutes.
>
> > Also, this question has been asked several times.  Please search the group
> > before posting redundant questions... Especially if they have already been
> > answered.

> > There are only 10 types of people in the world...
> > Those who know binary and those who don't.
>
> > On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Mr. Baseball 34
> > <mrbasebal...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > I have Eclipse Galileo JDK6.17 with Android 1.5R3. I can't even get the
> > > Hello World app running correctly.
> > > A Lot of messages say to wait for the emulator, well when it first comes
> > > up, it shows attachment
> > > android1.png (also posted here:.
> > >http://www.delphicommunity.com/android1.png)
>
> > > I will wait for a while and the screen will clear then it shows the
> > > attachment android2.png
> > > (also posted here:http://www.delphicommunity.com/android2.png).
>
> > > Any ideas as to why it won't even work for this simple little app?
>
> > >  --

  • [android-b... Mr. Baseball 34
    • Re: [... Justin Anderson
      • R... Mr. Baseball 34