> I've set the debug.keystore.

You don't "set" the debug.keystore ... that's already there as part of the
SDK. You use that to get a hash value that you use on the maps api key
signup page to get your debug key.

I've verified I have them in the right place according to the Eclipse

configuration.

Setting up the maps API keys has nothing to do with Eclipse configuration.
You add them to you mapview layouts (or set them in the map view constructor
if you choose to do it in code).

I'm thinking you might have mixed up some terms and not set this up
properly.
Go through the set
up<http://code.google.com/android/add-ons/google-apis/mapkey.html>
steps
again. Make sure you have a debug key gained from the debug keystore and a
release key gained from your release keystore and that you're using the
correct one (the debug one in debug mode, the release one in release mode).

Hope that helps.

TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking