Incidentally, having more plugins in Eclipse won't slow down it's startup
times by much, if anything. Eclipse employs a lazy initialization process
for plugins. When they are needed, they are activated. The only thing it
does is read each plugin manifest to register it in the system and add any
"non code" elements like menus (that can be clicked to activate the actual
code in the plugin), UI elements, extension points and so on.