Hi all,

I noticed that I can buy an unlocked HTC Android phone online,
and I am curious to know whether Android still requires
a data plan. Early on, one thing that turned me off to Android
was that people said that even an unlocked Android phone
would not function with prepaid minutes SIMs because
the OS required a data plan for some arbitrary reason.
People complained. But have things changed?

Also, if I connect an Android phone to my PC via USB or
Bluetooth, can I use the web browser on the phone through
the PC, as one can do with Windows Mobile phones?

Thanks.