I would recommend to not create the folder manually.

Yes, sometimes Eclipse will complain the folder is not there. This
only happens on a "clean" action or when you create the project the
first time. If you don't touch the gen folder you won't see the
problem.

To get rid of the project, you can touch one file to force a recompile
and it'll remove the error.

Deleting/adding the folder manually is the best way to not be able to
get rid of the error.

Xav

--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!