Just increase JVM's heap size. For eclipse I use willowing
eclipse.ini:

-framework
plugins\org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030.jar
-vm
C:/Program Files/Java/jre6/bin/client/jvm.dll
-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx768m
-startup
file:/C:/Program%20Files/eclipse/plugins/
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
--launcher.library
file:/C:/Program%20Files/eclipse/plugins/
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
-vm
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
-Xss2m
-XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:CompileThreshold=5
-Xoptimize

As for the ANT, use -Xmx768m switch for JVM