Hey Paul,

I will try increasing the -Xmx to 768 and hope it helps out. I am also
looking for circular refs in the jars just in case that is the problem
but I doubt I will find any.

Some older postings do refer to apps that go to size up to 16MB and
more
so my 5MB one should not be the issue. I think the packaging of
apps over 1MB gives the Android plug in a bit too much to chew (
especially if it is composed of thousands of classes) ...

I will let you know how it goes - thanks