"The other side", as in something beyond the network level, or do you mean
the authentication used to connect to the WiFi network, via enterprise WPA or
some such?  If the authentication is done after the WiFi connection is
established, than the way you asked the original question seems unusual.

  I'd assumed you were talking about per-user authentication to/with the Access
Point, which is fairly common in enterprise/corporate environments...

                              - Chris