> The thing, is I dont get any of the log message at all
> starting from the BootCompletedIntentReceiver.

Ick.

> Do you think because I get
> this BOOT_COMPLETED Intent sometime and sometime not ?

Off the cuff, that's the most likely reason, though it suggests either a
bug in Android or that you and I are missing something.

Try an IntentReceiver that does nothing but watch for BOOT_COMPLETED and
log a message when it arrives. If that sporadically fails, that really
feels like an unreliable Intent.

It is possible this is a bug related to this one already reported:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=589&can=1&q=BOOT&colspec=ID%20Type%20Version%20Security%20Status%20Owner%20Summary

In their case, "sometimes Android does not think our application has the
right to access the location manager" when it attempts to get a location
at startup. Translated to your situation, it may be that
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is not always recognized at the outset, and so your
IntentReceiver isn't included in the list of valid destinations, so you
don't get the Intent. But that's a complete guess.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com