Whoever answers these questions first gets a free gPhone* courtesy of
me.

1) My gallery is an element in a list view right now... but once I
scroll down to select the gallery in the list, I can't scroll up and
down the list anymore (the gallery hijacks the "up" and "down" keys).

2) When I implement the gallery's onItemSelected listener, the gallery
stops doing its default animation when switching between images.  How
do I get the animation back?

3) I want to override my keys such that the "left" and "right"
softkeys switch the selected images in the gallery, even while the
gallery is not the selected view in the list.

Thanks!

*Offer valid until Google actually decides to release a real gPhone.