Firstly I got the question why I can't get the current location any
more. I don't need repeating updates of my position I just need the
current location. At the moment I'm using getLastKnownLocation() but I
would assume that this position could be very outdated.

Furthermore the method "getLastKnownLocation()" returns me a Location
object that is null. Here is the code that I'm using at the moment:

LocationManager lM =
(LocationManager)context.getSystemService(context.LOCATION_SERVICE);
LocationProvider lP = lM.getProvider("gps");
Location loc = lM.getLastKnownLocation(lP.getName());
String[] location =
{String.valueOf(loc.getLongitude()),String.valueOf(loc.getLatitude())};

I've added the following permission to my manifest file:

    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION" />
    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
    <uses-permission  android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_GPS" />
    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_MOCK_LOCATION" />

But I'm always getting a Nullpointer Exception using the Location. (so
the Location returned is null)

Could you give me a hint how I could achieve to get my current/
lastKnown location in 0.9? (in M5 everything was fine)

Looking forward getting your answers.

Regards and happy coding!