I am in the same situation that the browser in 0.9 couldn't get any
data behind proxy.
Also I recognize this problem is same as map view.

Because of most proxy server will not convey a packet besides SSL(443)
port with CONNECT method but MapView is trying to connect with CONNECT
method first.
The browser in 0.9 has changed same as MapView.

As for the solution, I make a small program that ignore the CONNECT
method and change the POST's URI.
It is written in PHP and it is only 200 lines.
Please let me know if you are interesting in my program, and I will
give it.