The OpenIntents code is in the process of being updated to SDK 0.9.
Actually, the updated sensor code and OpenGLSensors demo already work
with SDK 0.9 if you download them directly from the repository and
compile yourself:
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/checkout

We'll need a couple of days of bug fixing before we will release the
updated version to the public.

I'll post it as soon as we are ready.

For a simple change of orientation, one can use (as Steve suggests)
num pad 7 or 9, or on notebook computers "Fn"+7, or "Fn"+9, or Ctrl
+F12.
The sensor simulator would allow for a more fine-grained access to
sensors.

Peli
http://www.openintents.org/en/