Just to let you know, we have updated the OpenIntents Sensor simulator
to work with the SDK 0.9.
http://www.openintents.org/en/
http://www.openintents.org/en/download

We have also modified the API demos slightly to work with the sensor
simulator:
http://www.openintents.org/en/node/32

Sensor values that are provided by the simulator agree with the
conventions outlined in the documentation.
blindfold, this should give you the tools to test your talking
compass :-)

Peli
www.openintents.org