I have the same problem with the new version (0.9) of the SDK.  The
following code:

package com.good.atg.browserSample;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.webkit.WebView;

public class BrowserSample extends Activity {
WebView browser;

public void onCreate(Bundle icicle)
/* Called when the activity is first created. */
{
super.onCreate(icicle);
setContentView(R.layout.main);
browser=(WebView)findViewById(R.id.webkit);
browser.loadUrl("http://www.google.com";);
}

}

produces the "Web page not available" message.  And yes, I added
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
to my AndroidManifest.xml file.  I am running on a Windows system, not
a Mac, by the way.

Robert O'Hara