Hello all,

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I've looked through the API
reference and can't seem to find what I'm looking for..

Basically I am wondering if there is any way to, from a background
application, save the current contents of the screen as a Bitmap, and
if there is a way to inject keypresses into the current running
application (again, with a background application doing the
injecting). I notice there are constants called "INJECT_EVENTS" and
"READ_FRAME_BUFFER" in the android.Manifest.permisssion class, which
sound like the facility is available to do what I need, but I can't
see where in the main API you can perform these tasks. Can anyone
point me in the right direction, or are these constants part of the
internals of android, and so not available for regular apps to use?

If anyone is familiar with RIM's Blackberry API, then essentially I am
looking for an equivalent to their method Display.screenshot() and to
the class EventInjector, plus its various inner classes.

Thanks in advance!

Malcolm