The documentation for OpenGL ES inside of Android is obviously lacking
-- it's completely void of any text.  Now, this is apparently not that
big of a deal as it's essentially a clone of J2ME's OpenGL ES,
however, I've never used that and am wondering what's a good way to
get started in learning it?  I've seen the Android-GL tutorials and
read all the Android-specific information I can find.  But I feel I'd
benefit most from a thorough documentation of the functions so that I
can get an idea of how to do it.  I've tried finding outside
documentation but it all seems a tad lacking.

What would you suggest in documentation/books/tutorials in learning
the OpenGL ES used by Android?  I'm not afraid of technical
information, but I would like a general tutorial on basic
infrastructure and design in addition.

Finally, are there any questions or information that you think would
be useful in learning OpenGL even if it's not directly related.  I'm
interested in all of it, from planning the design to optimizing.

Thank you