Hi,

I've been trying to play videos obtained as a raw resource, here is
what I did
MediaPlayer mp = new MediaPlayer();
mp.setDisplay(getHolder());
mp.setDataSource(getContext().getResources().openRawResourceFd(R.raw.myvideo).getFileDescriptor());
mp.setAudioStreamType(2);
mp.prepare();
mp.start();

this is not the exact code (deleted my last trial after it became
horrendous)! but thats basically what I did

I always got this exception:

error: Prepare failed.: status=0xFFFFFFFC
java.io.IOException: Prepare failed.: status=0xFFFFFFFC

note that this worked perfectly with mp3s (without the setDisplay call
ofc)

I Googled the exception, found out that it was a common problem but
haven't found any clear solutions, the only lead i found was
a guy saying that it was a file format problem, however i tried this
with many different 3gp, mp4 files

was hoping anyone could help me with this issue... thanks in advance
and best regards to you all