I have to process some events given by a broadcast receiver.
As kindly suggested by Mark M. a week ago, I am trying to send the
intent to an intentservice in order to pass the data to be processed
to another thread.

Looking at the doc, I can read abot onHandleIntent:
"Only one Intent is processed at a time, but the processing happens on
a worker thread that runs independently from other application logic.
So, if this code takes a long time, it will hold up other requests to
the same IntentService, but it will not hold up anything else.

What does it mean? Will the intents be queued and then processed one
by one, or does it mean that the startService will block if the
intentService is busy processing a previous intent?

And more (this is just my curiosity):
What is the point in having a onStartCommand method in IntentService
if the Intents must be processed in "onHandleIntent"?

Why the IntentService has all the onBind facilities if it will die
when it finish its job?

Thanks a lot in advance,

   Federico