Hi,

If you want to emulate other devices, take a look at sony ericsons and
nokias SDKs they both have emulators that can by using the computers
bluetooth hardware emulate complete bluetooth behavior and so be free
test subjects for you.

As for transferring of Files, if you don't plan/want to write your own
code for receiving the files, then you should lookup the OBEX (object
exchange protocol)  or OPP (object push protocol). they are
implemented on most of nokias/sonys models and the emulators support
them. As for android I think from version 2.1 it supports OPP for
Images and Videos.

I hope I helped a bit.

Raanan