I have the same problem on WIndows 7 Professional 64bits.

I installed drivers before for HTC Magic, and HTC Evo, those work
fine.

Looking at
http://community.developer.motorola.com/t5/Android-App-Development-for/x64-Bit-windows-driver-for-A855-Droid/m-p/6121
may be we have to delete the previous drivers and install motorola
driver. I'll update as soon I try again.

-f4