You have no control over the application and/or activity life cycle.
This will make is very hard to determine when the user 'exits' the
app.

I would do this:
1. Consider an explicit 'log-out' option for your users.
2. Add a time-out to your login-sessions. Refresh the session (time-
out) when the user interacts with your app/server. But when the user
hasn't interacted with your app/server for a given amount of time, the
user's session will have had a time-out and this then would require
the user to login again.