Hello,

I also do this, BUT I do not put it into every single activity. What I
do is create a Handler at application level and a time check object.
The handler fires every say 10 seconds and checks the time object. If
it matches what I need I broadcast an event across my entire
application. Each activity then registers whether or not they need to
be notified of this broadcast, so they can take what ever action they
require.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Anthoni