> With Java in a Nutshell I can find, eg, String and scan the list of
> methods to refresh my memory of, say, all the options for indexOf in
> 10 seconds.

If I need to refresh my memory on anything, I use the greatest
resource that has ever been created for programmers, Google. No need
for an outdated book to clog my shelves, if I want to know anything, I
just key into Google something like:

java options for indexOf

and a dozen resources appear, as if by magic in a matter of seconds.

-John Coryat