What do you mean by "remove the quotes"?
I store phone numbers on db and it works fine without dealing with adding
quotes, then removing them.
When I add/update stuff I use:

contentValues.put(TableKeys.PHONE_NUMBER, phoneNumber);

and when retrieving:
String phoneNumber =
cursor.getString(cursor.getColumnIndexOrThrow(TableKeys.PHONE_NUMBER));

Uhm...maybe I misunderstood the whole problem here..:S:S

Tra l'altro ciaoo!! ;)
Yuvi

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Federico Paolinelli <fedep...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Just to add more information to anybody who is interested in this
> topic, it is necessary to remove the quotes if you need the original
> data.
>
> On 25 Lug, 09:17, Federico Paolinelli <fedep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks a lot. You saved me from doing an ugly filth :-) .
> > I didn't expect that the number with a + was suitable to be
> > interpreted as a number.
> >
> > Thanks again, Federico
> >
> > On Jul 25, 12:50 am, DanH <danhi...@ieee.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Did you put quotes around the string?  If SQLite sees an un-quoted
> > > string it's going to interpret it as numeric if possible.  SQLite
> > > ignores the data type of columns.

> Italy,

> from

> "aa+39123123",
> +

YuviDroid
Check out Launch-X <http://android.yuvalsharon.net/launchx.php> (a widget to
quickly access your favorite apps and contacts!)
http://android.yuvalsharon.net