Hi all

I did an application for the android developer challenge, and since
the deadline for uploading the entries (back in april I think), I
haven't played with it

Well, I have downloaded the new sdk (x86-1.0_r1) and obviously I got a
lot of errors with my old code...
I have managed to fix all the compile errors, but now, it crashes when
I run it

The problem is:

- on my xml layout (babel_layout.xml), I used to have the following
code:

    <com.google.android.babel.babelView
      android:id="@+id/babel"
      android:layout_width="fill_parent"
      android:layout_height="fill_parent"/>

- then, on the java file, I have this:

class babelView extends View
{
        public babelView(Context context, AttributeSet attrs, Map
inflateParams)
        {
                super(context, attrs);
        }
}

- and, in the main class:

public class babel extends Activity
{

        protected void onCreate(Bundle icicle)
        {
                super.onCreate(icicle);

                // Turn off the title bar
                requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);

                // Make our view
                setContentView(R.layout.babel_layout);

}

It crashes when it gets to setContentView  !!
so, it seems like I am doing something wrong in the xml file, or maybe
the way that babelView is defined...

Any ideas would be really appreciated, and the world will be a much
better place, and I will finish my app and I will uploaded to the
android market so the world can enjoyed it. (he he)

This is my app, by the way (using the old m3-rc37a sdk)
http://www.jjym.co.uk/babel

Thanks