I have a couple of apps working using eclipse and the emulator. I now
want to try the apps on my htc aria. I went through downloading the
usb driver as the Android Developers documentations sans and a  usb
driver folder now shows up in my sdk folder. However, apparently there
isn't a driver for the HTC aria in the folder.

After research some people suggested using htc sync. I donwloaded htc
sync and  let windows check that I had the latest version. However, my
phone keeps saying that it can't find htc sync on my computer.

When I plug in my HTC aria, the device manager on my lap top
recognizes two devices as listed below:  My HTc under Android USB
devices and a HTC Android Phone USB Device. I clicked on “update
driver” for both devices, Windows found them on-line and verified that
they were the latest.
I don’t understand why there are two drivers, but “My HTc” seems to
have a problem as listed below.  One thing that I should mention is
that I am using the dreaded VISTA.

Device Manager:
Android USB Devices: My HTC
Device status: Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this
hardware. (Code 37)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to
Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
  Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but
the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The
problem code is 37.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   PnPDeviceProblemCode
  Architecture: x86
  Hardware Id:  USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C92&REV_0100&MI_01
  Setup class GUID:     {f72fe0d4-cbcb-407d-8814-9ed673d0dd6b}
  PnP problem code:     00000025
  Driver name:  ANDROIDUSB.sys
  Driver version:       2.0.7.1
  Driver date:  06-10-2009
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
  Locale ID:    1033

HTC Android Phone USB Device

Device Status: This device is working normally.
        Driver Provider: Microsoft
        Driver Date: 6/21/2006

So, the best I can tell is that there isn't a driver from the normal
Android repository for the htc aria yet. And, for some reason my
computer can't handle the htc sync drivers.

Will there be a usb driver for the htc aria that I can download from
Android Developers in the future?  Has anyone else been able to get
htc sync to work with the htc aria? Is there anohter way to transfer
my apps to the phone for development?

I guess that I can always use the ddms environment and transfer the
app, but I really wanted a more graceful way to do this.

Thanks in advance,
mhuman1