Wow--the thought that Larry Ellison would do something at the request of
Ballmer and/or Jobs is just.... well, the acronym "ROFLMAO" just doesn't do
it justice.

Of course, the TRUTH that they don't want you to know is that the whole show
worldwide is a deep conspiracy orchestrated by a secret cabal owned by the
Girl Scouts, the Screen Actors' Guild and the Illuminati anyway, so....

In all honesty, I think the author of the article is right--Oracle wants
Google to acknowledge that Oracle has "ownership" over Java and thus
deserves to be cut in to the Android licensing deal somehow. It might even
be that Oracle counsel felt that they had to take this step to prevent any
other companies from doing something similar or even more "infringing" on
the Java name/brand/IP. Remember, if you don't defend your ownership of IP,
the courts look at that as an active surrender of that IP to the public
domain.

Ted Neward
Java, .NET, XML Services
Consulting, Teaching, Speaking, Writing