So I am not saying use a dialog everywhere. I am saying on a per
application basis. The problem with Windows Vista was that it was
everywhere. I am saying in addition to a small wall of permissions
representing the what permissions are needed for the core
functionality of the application, you also allow a upgrade
permissions. A user should not be scared to install an application
because of optional features of an application that compliment, a core
functionality. Apple, a company that basically gives all developers
access to frightenly everything, still prompts users on a per
application basis for location, notifications, etc.

I would say I would like to shrink that permission list but in order
to have functionality enjoyed by some, I am forced to have permissions
granted by all. Also doing a quick look at your list on your phone is
not.a really good test, you are a developer, ask someone outside the
tech industry the something for some good feedback.

I am not trying to be difficult I am just basing this on being an
iPhone user previously. This platform has more potential I think but
the focus on tech more so than user experience is what prevents this
platform's growth.