> There is a fundamental problem that at the point you ask the
> permission, the user is wanting to accomplish some task at hand, and all you
> are doing is bugging them.

That's not always true.

My app requires around 30 permissions, which obviously is off-putting
to some/many people.

The average user will use functionality that requires maybe 5
permissions.

If there was a way to request permissions at runtime, I could ask for
the permissions
*while the user is configuring the app*, not while the app is actually
'doing it's thing'.

Then it's obvious to the user why that part of the functionality
requires that particular permission.
And it's less dangerous because if there's a bug in my program it has
vastly less potential for damage.

Pent