On Aug 30, 6:44 am, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:

> Yes, this is another common request, and another one where I think the
> solution is much worse than the problem.  Putting application justification
> about what it will do with a permission next to the OS's assurance about
> what it can do will, as far as I can see, either overlay favor the app's
> justification or greatly lessen the OS's
>
> If someone can come up with a UI that doesn't do this, then we can look at
> it.  I am very skeptical though.

Put the dev's explanation for needing a given permission on a
different screen. So the existing permissions UI stays mostly the
same, except for the addition of a button labeled something like
"Why?", which is only shown if the dev has included a new, optional,
reason="" attribute in the uses-permission element. When the button's
pressed, it pops a simple dialog showing the reason text the dev
supplied.

String