On 9 Set, 00:51, "Maps.Huge.Info (Maps API Guru)" <cor...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Just kill the listener in the onStop or onDestroy (depending how you
> structure your app) methods. That works pretty well.
>
> -John Coryat

Well, what I need to do is to react to changes of location in
background too, so it is the exact opposite of what you are saying.

What I need to know (and probably I wasn't so clear) is:
Will the locationmanager fire the pending intents even if the caller
of requestLocationUpdate was killed? I don't need a location listener,
I want it to fire intents that can (for example) wake up an
intentservice.

In this way I would use the resources only after the event I am
interested to (the change of the location) and could prevent me to
keep a service always running with an active location listener.

Hope my question sounds more clear now :-)

Federico